Obamacare’s passage has already harmed Virginians’ access to, and cost of, healthcare:
- A Virginia senior on Medicare has been treated for psoriatic disease for years. She requires shots as part of her treatment. Now, since the passage of the law, Medicare says it won’t cover them, and she has to pay $1600 per shot.
- A doctor has quit private practice in Virginia because of Obamacare. He now works in Maryland as a doctor in a prison. He says he gets paid more to take care of prisoners than to take care of Medicare/Medicaid patients.
- Diane’s doctor has stopped taking Medicare patients and will only treat those with private insurance. Seniors are losing choices and often are not even allowed to pay out of their own pocket if they wish. We are receiving reports like this frequently.
- Linda in Alexandria has seen her Medicare premium go from $138 to $210 a month – a 52% increase. She wonders what the future holds for seniors under the so-called “Affordable” Care Act.
- 29-year-old Alli in Reston has seen her monthly premium go up from $250 per month to $350 per month since last year. That’s a 40% increase. She doesn’t think it’ s worth paying $1200/year more (plus increased deductibles) to get ‘free’ contraception when she’s trying to save for her future.
Please read further in “Real Stories” for Kate’s distressing story about what happened to her and her young son, and “Sue’s Story” about a disabled adult child.